The breakfast you ate this morning. The shirt you’re wearing right now. The vaccines for your family. It is highly likely that all of these items were transported in a trailer built by Schmitz Cargobull. And with your skills, you can help us to make the world’s transport channels even more efficient and environmentally friendly. Advance electric mobility and autonomous driving. Make connectivity, the IoT and data-driven services part and parcel of every transport job. And help to shape the digital revolution at Europe’s largest trailer producer within our Corporate Functions. To make sure you are on board to help us achieve all this, we have created more than 50 new digital jobs here in the Münster region. For everyone who wants to move mountains.
Solution Engineer, IoT & Cloud
Schmitz Cargobull AG • Münster
Shape the future of logistics & join Schmitz Cargobull in Münster
Help to shape the logistics of tomorrow!
The E/E Systems Engineering team designs the central product strategy for connected & scalable electrical and electronic systems with the aim of digitalising our trailers. It is also responsible for central early development in the following areas: telematics/connectivity, e-mobility, (semi-)autonomous driving, cargo management and EBS.
• In your role, you will be responsible for designing the functional application architecture of platform solutions for the logistics of today and tomorrow in a strategic project environment.
• You will evaluate and support IoT and big data concepts
• You will coordinate innovative architecture solutions, particularly for platform and big data projects between Product Management and Implementation.
• You will be responsible for connecting communications protocols for in-house and external IoT devices and for validating the design of end-to-end functions.
• You will work with software, data and BI engineers and data scientists.
• You have a degree in Business and IT, IT, Industrial Engineering with a focus on IT or similar with a good grade.
• You have several years of experience in developing Cloud-based solutions.
• You have an outstanding knowledge of current big data and data analysis technologies and cloud computing.
• You are experienced in automotive development processes.
• You are well-versed in working with Microsoft Azure, DevOps and Atlassian Toolchain. Ideally, you also have experience in Hadoop, Cloudera, Hortonworks, AWS, Google Cloud and Docker.
• You are skilled in recording and documenting requirements, e.g. using BPMN or UML.
• You speak fluent German and English.
• You enjoy dealing with innovative technology and like working in interdisciplinary teams.
• You have strong communication skills and are customer-focused.
• You have an analytical and creative mindset and are good at managing your own time.
There are plenty of good reasons to apply to join Schmitz Cargobull now
A new job is always a risk. Is the work really going to be as exciting as it sounds? Will my managers really be as relaxed as they seemed in the interview? Will you be able to bond with your team, too? Here you can find out what is waiting for you at Schmitz Cargobull:
Flexible working hours & remote working
Training and professional development opportunities
Regular team events
The chance to work in a lively city
Modern office building
Flat hierarchies & quick decisions
“We all pull together here at Schmitz Cargobull, we are passionate about key issues and how to resolve them, and we share in the joy when we are successful.”