The breakfast you ate this morning. The shirt you’re wearing right now. The vaccines for your family. It is highly likely that all of these items were transported in a trailer built by Schmitz Cargobull. And with your skills, you can help us to make the world’s transport channels even more efficient and environmentally friendly. Advance electric mobility and autonomous driving. Make connectivity, the IoT and data-driven services part and parcel of every transport job. And help to shape the digital revolution at Europe’s largest trailer producer within our Corporate Functions. To make sure you are on board to help us achieve all this, we have created more than 50 new digital jobs here in the Münster region. For everyone who wants to move mountains.
Software Engineer Embedded Systems
Schmitz Cargobull AG • Münster
Shape the future of logistics & join Schmitz Cargobull in Münster
Help to shape the logistics of tomorrow!
The E/E Systems Engineering team designs the central product strategy for connected & scalable electrical and electronic systems with the aim of digitalising our trailers. It is also responsible for central early development in the following areas: telematics/connectivity, e-mobility, (semi-)autonomous driving, cargo management and EBS.
• You will take solutions developed with our architects for our IoT landscape requirements and convert these into code, while also enhancing this on an ongoing basis.
• You will allow for the unique requirements of embedded software and come up with elegant solutions to make our control units even smarter and safer.
• With your expertise, teamwork and pursuit for quality, you will ensure that our software meets high standards for reliability and robustness.
• You will come up with ideas for evaluating new technology and help the team to find out what does and does not make sense for the company.
• You will have the opportunity to manage technical sub-projects depending on the field of work.
• You have a further education certificate in IT, Electro-Technology or similar with a good grade.
• You have experience in embedded programming or hardware-related software development in an automotive setting.
• You are very well-versed in programming with C and C++ and within Linux-based development environments.
• You have experience with automotive interfaces and bus systems, such as CAN, LIN, etc. and ideally you also have experience in the development tool chain, e.g. Atlassian, and in source code management using svn and/or GIT.
• You have strong written and spoken German and English.
• You enjoy innovative development work and technologies.
• You are a go-getter who is target-oriented and flexible, you can manage your own time efficiently and are very reliable.
• You are skilled in mapping out complex systems.
• You have an analytical and creative mindset.
• You like working in a team to get results.
There are plenty of good reasons to apply to join Schmitz Cargobull now
A new job is always a risk. Is the work really going to be as exciting as it sounds? Will my managers really be as relaxed as they seemed in the interview? Will you be able to bond with your team, too? Here you can find out what is waiting for you at Schmitz Cargobull:
Flexible working hours & remote working
Training and professional development opportunities
Regular team events
The chance to work in a lively city
Modern office building
Flat hierarchies & quick decisions
“The entire logistics sector will profit from digitalisation and automation. And from you.”
“When you play online games with your colleagues after work, then something must be going right.”
“Working with this team is so much fun. We have a passion for technology and work together to resolve challenges, many of which are unique.”