The breakfast you ate this morning. The shirt you’re wearing right now. The vaccines for your family. It is highly likely that all of these items were transported in a trailer built by Schmitz Cargobull. And with your skills, you can help us to make the world’s transport channels even more efficient and environmentally friendly. Advance electric mobility and autonomous driving. Make connectivity, the IoT and data-driven services part and parcel of every transport job. And help to shape the digital revolution at Europe’s largest trailer producer within our Corporate Functions. To make sure you are on board to help us achieve all this, we have created more than 50 new digital jobs here in the Münster region. For everyone who wants to move mountains.
Hardware Engineer, Embedded Systems
Schmitz Cargobull AG • Münster
Shape the future of logistics & join Schmitz Cargobull in Münster
Help to shape the logistics of tomorrow!
The E/E Systems Engineering team designs the central product strategy for connected & scalable electrical and electronic systems with the aim of digitalising our trailers. It is also responsible for central early development in the following areas: telematics/connectivity, e-mobility, (semi-)autonomous driving, cargo management and EBS.
• You will be responsible for developing and enhancing hardware concepts and architecture for control units and entire systems on a group-wide basis.
• You will coordinate hardware-related tasks that are dealt with by external development partners, including project planning, scheduling, status reports and project deliverable assurance.
• You will be responsible for creating and issuing binding hardware guidelines for hardware development as part of the implementation of concepts and architectures.
• You will commission prototypes and sample control units in the lab and on the trailer itself in close liaison with our development partners.
• You will validate project deliverables and take action in the event of deviations.
• You have a further education certificate in Electro-Technology, Communications Technology or similar with a good grade.
• You have several years of experience in hardware development, ideally with development experience in the automotive sector.
• You are very familiar with development-related issues such as EMC and environmental requirements.
• You have very strong written and spoken German and English.
• You enjoy innovative development work and technologies.
• You like working in a team to get results.
• You are a go-getter who is target-oriented, you can manage your own time efficiently and are very reliable.
• You are creative with a knack for analytical thinking.
There are plenty of good reasons to apply to join Schmitz Cargobull now
A new job is always a risk. Is the work really going to be as exciting as it sounds? Will my managers really be as relaxed as they seemed in the interview? Will you be able to bond with your team, too? Here you can find out what is waiting for you at Schmitz Cargobull:
Flexible working hours & remote working
Training and professional development opportunities
Regular team events
The chance to work in a lively city
Modern office building
Flat hierarchies & quick decisions
“The entire logistics sector will profit from digitalisation and automation. And from you.”
“When you play online games with your colleagues after work, then something must be going right.”
“Working with this team is so much fun. We have a passion for technology and work together to resolve challenges, many of which are unique.”